Dance Source Houston's Artist-in-Residence program is open to Houston dance artists of all experience levels. Artists for the 2017-18 season will be selected based upon their desire to push themselves and their art to new levels by taking risks and maximizing their time in the residency. The residency will culminate with performances of the work created.
A maximum of five artists will be selected for the 2017-18 season.
Residency artists will receive:
- Rehearsal space at a Houston area studio
- Access to professional development workshops
- Production and marketing plan assistance
- Individual artist grant application assistance
- Shared performance opportunities
Residency artists will be required to:
- Attend workshops and meetings with other resident artists
- Attend and participate in Fieldwork sessions
- Execute deadlines on production/marketing plan
- Complete Individual Artist Grant through Houston Arts Alliance
- Create 15-20 minutes of new work by the end of the residency term
- Be available for tech/production for culminating performance
The residency term will culminate with performances of the work created as part of the Barnstorm Dance Fest in June 2018.
Artists must be a Dance
Source Houston member to
be eligible to apply. If selected, membership must be at the intermediate level or higher.
Two info sessions will be offered to answer questions on the application, selection process and residency program – July 2 from 4-6pm and July 22 from 11am-1pm. MATCH, Upstairs conference room, 3400 Main Street. Please RSVP here.
11am-1pm on Saturdays October 7, November 4, 2017 and February 3, March 3, April 14, 2018
Monthly AIR Meetings
1-2 pm on Saturdays - October 7, November 4, 2017 and February 3, March 3, April 14, 2018
11am-2pm on Saturdays - December 2, 2017 and January 13, May 19, 2018
11am-5pm on Sunday, May 20, 2018
Barnstorm Dance Fest
Application due January 14, 2018
Tech (12-5pm) and Dress (6-10pm) on Monday, June 11, 2018
Performances on Fridays, June 15 & 22, 2018
AIR application deadline is July 31, 2017.