The Dancer Fund will provide direct support to freelance dance artists who have received payment from choreographers and/or organizations for their project-based, performance related work. Dance Source Houston will match up to $500 per individual in payment(s) for performance project artist fees. Dancers may apply more than once to receive the $500 maximum award. A separate application must be submitted for each project. The Dancer Fund is generously supported by Houston Endowment. A total of $30,000 will be awarded to freelance dancers for performance activity taking place July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. The submission period will close when funds have been depleted.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Applicants must live and work in the Greater Houston region, as defined by Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller counties.
- Performances must also take place in the Greater Houston area to be eligible for funding.
- Applicants must be applying for project-based performance work, not full company season related work.
- Applicants must provide a contract that clearly states they were contracted as a dancer.
- Applicant must provide proof of payment. Acceptable forms of proof of payment include check images and Paypal/Venmo/Cash app/etc. transaction receipts.
- Payments made in cash are not eligible.
- Applicants may be awarded a maximum of $500.
- Performances must take place July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 and be open to the public.
How To Apply
Fill out the application below and attach all required supplemental materials including signed contract(s), proof of payment(s) and a completed W9. If you need a contract template, you can download one here. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Applicants will receive notification within 14 days of application submission.
CLICK HERE to read the Frequently Asked Questions. Additional questions should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not direct questions at individual staff member email addresses. Please put “Dancer Fund Question” in the subject line to ensure your email is prioritized.